Re: color

To: v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au
Subject: Re: color
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:41:30 -0700
v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au writes:
>The one thing I have noticed about changing the colour of a car is that
>unless you pick a colour from the same era it never seems to look quite
>right.  I've seen a few 1960s cars painted in colours popular during the
>1970s and they just look wrong - I  guess this is because of
>'conditioning'
>but its a factor to consider.

I definitely agree with this statement, but there are some colors that
look good.  for instance, I saw a SV at San Diego Brit Car Day that was
painted in a metallic silver.  70's color for sure, but it looked nice.

CANISDOG@aol.com writes:
>I  really don't even like BRG that much.
>I fact, if you lined up all the Sunbeam's and their color and asked me
>pick them by favorite, BRG would be one of the last to go.

Couldn't disagree more, but then it's proabably because my car is BRG
(mistakenly so).  But to be honest, I'm glad it was painted the wrong
color.  After seeing a true Forest Green (86), I decided that the dark
rich color of the BRG definitely has it over that awful olive drab.
But that is personal opinion.

In my experience, color originality is not that important at car shows.
 My car got 2nd place in the Concours as a Stock car (should have shown
it Personalized) and was marked down mainly for non-original wheels,
gearshift knob and a leather cover on the steering wheel.  Don't even
remember getting marked down for the paint.

Non-original paint probably has little or no effect on the value of the
car.  I say paint it whatever color you like.

CNA