Re: color

To: bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: color
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:30:31 +1000
Bill

The one thing I have noticed about changing the colour of a car is that
unless you pick a colour from the same era it never seems to look quite
right.  I've seen a few 1960s cars painted in colours popular during the
1970s and they just look wrong - I  guess this is because of 'conditioning'
but its a factor to consider.  If you were changing, I'd suggest going for
another Alpine colour you liked, or another colour used on some other brand
of sports car during the 1960s.  For my resto, I changed back from a
non-original red to the closest match my painter could get to Carnival, the
original colour.  But I was considering changing to dark blue or
white.......

Cheers,

Vic Hughes

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"