[6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:17:57 +0000
I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a folding engine crane for around
$150 or less that is known to be capable of removing a TR6 engine and tranny
with OD. I have no practical limit wrt headroom but I do have space
constraints.

I checked with Taylor rental and they want $50 a day to rent a crane that I
will probably need four times (removal, loading for transportation, unloading,
installation) so in the end it will be more convenient and no more expensive
to buy one as long as it collapses pretty good for storage.

The main issue seems to be boom length to reach to a point above the rear
engine lifting eye.

Stan