Re: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?
From: "halmorton" <halmorton@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:45:20 -0600
Stan, List,  I bought a 2 ton crane from Harbor Freight about  2 years ago.
Have lifted and lowered the TR6 engine several times with it with no
problems. I even lent it to a friend who "was" the proverbial shade tree
mechanic- using a chain hoist on a stout live oak limb for engine lifts. He
liked my crane so much that he bought himself one. Also, mine has sat out in
the weather for all the time I've had it, and it still works fine. The only
part that might go bad is the hydraulic cylinder, and the replacements are
readily available for about $40 (on sale, which they frequently are.) The
only disadvantage is the thing weighs about 225lbs. But it rolls easily on a
slab.And can be towed (gently, slowly) around the lawn. Just have to deal
with a few divots if you do that. Best to pick one up at a Harbor Freight or
similar store, or one of the traveling tool sales, to save the shipping
costs. I say go for it.  Hal Morton,  Pascagoula, MS