RE: [6pack] loss of damper oil

To: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: [6pack] loss of damper oil
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:30:24 -0800
        James:

        You can replace the oring without tearing down the carbs.
        1. Remove the damper rod.
        2. Remove the top cover of the carb (4 screws).
        3. Lift the diaphragm, air valve and needle assembly from the
carb.
        4. There is a small set screw on the air valve, recessed into a
hole on the side, that will need to be removed.
        5. Insert your mixture adjustment tool into the top of the air
valve and turn the mixture screw 4-5 turns counter clockwise to free the
needle from the adjuster.
        6. Pull gently on the needle to remove it. DO NOT BEND THE
NEEDLE. If you bend it, it is scrap.
        7. Use a small screw driver through the hole in the air valve
where the needle was seated to push the adjuster out through the top of
the air valve. This may take some pressure. Use a rag to catch the small
bits that will come out.

        From there, you will see a small o-ring on the adjuster. You can
get replacements from the hardware store for a few pennies.

        Cheers,

        Vance