[6pack] TR8 engine startup after rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR8 engine startup after rebuild
From: Victor Colon <vcolper@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:53:46 -0800 (PST)
Well I finally got around to start the TR6's engine today. After my friend
Percy (he's into MGs...sorry) helped me connect things together we cranked it
and it would sputter quite a bit and die.....Then we used the choke ("DUH")
that really helped, but once it warmed up it would stall. The car would start
upon squirting fuel into the carbs and a few seconds later it would stall. The
carbs started leaking thru the bottom...any suggestions besides the
O-rings/seals on the bottom of the carbs. These carbs were rebuilt about 4
years ago by me (no wonder) and were stored and never used til today.
Any advice appreciated. And thanks for the oil and startup  reccomendations.
Vic
73 TR6
Guayama, PR

Victor Colon

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/