RE: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?

To: <acekraut11@aol.com>, <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?
From: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:20:16 -0800
I hate to be a nay sayer but I wouldn't do this unless you have some
decent sized lumber as the ceiling joists of your garage.  If you have a
modern home built with roof trusses and the bottom cord is not designed
for much in the way of load, which most aren't, you may seriously damage
your trusses putting that kind of weight on them at the center of their
span.  I definitely wouldn't stand under it all while cranking on the
lift.

Bob Clark
69' TR6