Re: reversing positive ground

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: reversing positive ground
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:50:12 -0800
Rocky,

You were both right.  If you are in a physics class, current flows
positive to negative.  If you are in a electronics class, it flows from
negative to positive.  It really doesn't make one whit of difference as
long as one knows which class they are in (what the reference is).  I
spent 40 years working in electronics and spent all that time chasing
electrons from negative to positive, but had no problem in a physics
class where we chased current from positive to negative.  The secret is
whether one is talking about current (conventional) flow or electron
flow.  Both current and electron flow produce the same results.

Mike,

I believe that I stated exactly the same thing in an earlier posting.
The electrons being boiled off of the center electrode (acting as a
cathode) comes right out of  vacuum tube theory (vacuum tube cathodes
are treated or made of materials that produce an excess of electrons and
as such are better at producing a flow of electrons - electron flow
theroy - negative to positive).

Cheers,
Dave