Re: reversing positive ground

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: reversing positive ground
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:36:52 -0800
Bullwinkle wrote:

> I was told that you can actually tell which way the current has been
> flowing in a set of distributer points by inspecting them.  The metal
> from one contact is melted off and deposted on the other.  Thus one
> contact will quite often develop a "tit" of deposted metal while the
> other will develop a pit.

I was taught that this (metal transfer) is not current-flow dependent,
but rather a reflection of the value of the condenser. They told me that
the actual value of any given condenser was mostly luck. I was also
taught that once I had found a condenser that didn't cause this metal
transfer, I should keep it forever rather than replace it with the
points and possibly mess up a perfect deal. My experience over the years
tends to agree with this "wisdom."

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/