RE: reversing positive ground

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: reversing positive ground
From: Jesus Vicente Benajes Calvo <jbenajes@mot.upv.es>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:05:36 +0100
Yes, interesting thread, indeed...!

Many years ago I played with the mathematical equations which describe the
instantaneous voltage and current evolution along the electric ignition system
based on battery, points, condenser, coil and spark plug.

As far as I can remember, the spark is produced by a very high negative voltage
(about 30000 Volts) in the central electrode of the plug. If the battery is
connected properly, the battery voltage (12 Volts) is added to that amount, and
if not the 12 Volts are substracted, which is not very important, indeed...

Jesus