Re: reversing positive ground

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: reversing positive ground
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:28:01 -0800
Bud Krueger wrote:

> Blake,
>
> You were taught correctly about the movement of electrons.  No question
> about it.  It turns out that it was our old buddy Ben Franklin who
> guessed wrong. For many years "current flow", or as it is sometimes
> called "conventional current flow" has been  traced from the positive
> source to the negative one.

I once had a friendly argument with a guy at a party in Toronto, many
years ago, about which way current flows. I explained that I was a
research tech in basic electronic component design and manufacturing and
that I had helped make the first epitaxial transistors ever made in
Canada, fropm scratch, and that current flows from negative to positive.

He asked me how much I made on that job. I calculated and said, "About
fifteen dollars an hour." (Was in the 60's).

He said, "Well, I'm an electician and I say it flows from positive to
negative and I make thirty-five dollars an hour plus benefits."

What could I say?     ;)

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/