Re: reversing positive ground

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: reversing positive ground
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:55:16 -0800
Years ago an owner of a 1946 or 47 Chevrolet pick-up truck was showing
me an interesting factory equiped feature of the vehicle. The starter was
activated by a floor switch. When pressed it would also operate a rotary
switch that reversed the current to the points. Every time the engine was
started the current was reversed. It was supposed to reduce breaker point
pitting (and spark plug life?).  I don't know if it was successful. Maybe the
aftermarket ignition suppliers asked Chevy to drop it?

Bill Traill