Re: Newbie

To: Arthur <maybee@zebra.net>, Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 18:29:52 -0800 (PST)
You'll also need the driveshaft and you'll need to cut your floorboard.
 After all that, you'll probably end up with a car that is sluggish off
the line and can't maintain speed in 5th gear on slight inclines.  The
gearing of the 5-speed is way off from the 4-speed, and the rear end of
the 2000 is different, too.  The 1600 is a great engine (I've owned 5
1600's and they all ran even though they were junky cars, I don't
understand this NROC club thing) but doesn't have the torque needed to
push the 5-speed properly.

A stroked 1600, on the other hand, would be a good candidate for a
5-speed transplant.

Adam
'70 1600

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/