RE: Newbie

To: "A datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Newbie
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 08:48:27 -0800
Many of the close-ratio gears are NLA (No Longer Available). There were two
different gearsets available, called the ultra-close and the middle-close.
Both these gearsets were designed for road-race use, where your engine makes
power in a relateively narrow band and it is important to keep the revs in
that range. They really weren't amenable to street use.

On the ultra-close set, 1st gear was like the stock 2nd gear, 4th and 5th
were the same as stock, and 2nd and 3rd kind of split the difference around
the stock 3rd gear.

The middle-close set was just tightened up a bit from stock through 1st, 2nd
and 3rd, with 4th and 5th being the same.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA