RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: Mike Smith <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:33:50 -0400
It don't make no difference if you're allowed a 1000cfm throttle body, if
your cam lobes are smaller than teenage zits, and the head ports couldn't
pass a good fart.

I'm limited to a single 4-bbl carb with 1 - 11/16" throttle bore sizes.
That makes about 830cfm, and adequately feeds a 550hp/500+ft.lb. V8.

It's good thing that's more than can be had in SP, cuz there ain't no DOT
tires that would be useful with that.

If the intake determined how much power you made, you'd be right.
Unfortunately, it takes more than that, and when the whole picture is
looked at, SP is more restricted than Prepared is. I'll take a cam choice,
12:1 compression, and a slightly small carb, over 1000cfm F.I., stock
compression, and stock cam anyday.

Mike