RE: Protest Oil Companies

To: "'David K Yeung'" <dkyeung@juno.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Protest Oil Companies
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:58:16 -0500

It would cost me BIG BUCKS to put gas in the Sub... But since I've already
got the thing, I just pay it. At that point, I might buy my wife a smaller
car, when she didn't need the suburban....

Keep in mind, I don't know of any other vehicle (ok, now that the Excursions
are coming out, there's one other vehicle) that can haul, my wife and I, 3
kids (soon to be 4), a dog, luggage and tow a trailer. Can a minivan do
that? Sure without the dog or luggage, Can a station wagon do that? luggage
and dog, sure, but can't fit enough passengers. I could put a rack on the
top, but then that minivan would get 10mpg (worse than the suburban towing a
trailer). Also, what happens when my kids want to take friends with them
somewhere, how does my wife or I take 2 cars?

Also, the truth of the matter is, Suburban's don't get much worse mileage
than a minivan. My Mazda MPV (which I really likes). Got about 17mpg in the
city and 22 on the highway. With the Sub, I get 17 on the highway and 15 in
the city. Towing a 36 square foot frontal area trailer, the sub get's 10mpg,
the minivan... the exact same 10 mpg. So, I'm not burning that much more gas
in the Suburban than I do in a minivan. So what the heck, why not be
comfortable (the sub is a much more comfortable highway car than a minivan).