Re: Fwd: Protest Oil Companies

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <HAVOCDEAN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Protest Oil Companies
From: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 99 13:57:45 -0500

Author:  <HAVOCDEAN@aol.com > writes:

       >You really hate those SUV's don't ya. My wife will continue to drive
>our 95 Suburban even if the price of gas goes up. I wonder what the
>differance of Emissions output of your EP machine compared to the EFI
>Suburban or my 99GMC pickup with the 5.3 SPFI engine would be? I'm sure the
>pickup if Far cleaner than any 1988 vehicle.

I must say, It's not so much the vehicle, as the waste of resources. There
is NO reason that ANYBODY needs to COMMUTE in a vehicle that gets 15 mpg. It
just wasyeful. I have no problem with using said vehicles for hauling/towing
purposes, as they were designed for this.  But commuting in one?  That's a
simple waste of resources.   As far as emmisions are concerned, you're
probably right, but as far as pounds of toxins emitted, I've got you beat by
a longshot. I drive the EP car to work every now and again, and that's why
it still has a catalytic installed.  I love fast cars as much as the next
guy, but you still have a responsibility to the environment.  Besides - by
driving a car no one else wants, I keep it out of the junkyard.  Reduce,
reuse recycle.  I bet if gas went to $4 a gallon like it is in most other
industrialized nations, you'd be singin' a different tune.

     Scott