RE: Fwd: Protest Oil Companies

To: "'scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com'" <scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com>,
Subject: RE: Fwd: Protest Oil Companies
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:41:06 -0500

Hey! How does HAVOCDEAN manage 15mpg in the city in his Suburban? I only get
about 13! (ok, so it gets 17 on the highway at 85+mph)...

But think of all of the vapor emmisions I don't emit while filling up since
it only gets filled twice a month or so (42gallon tank).

Scott also made a comment that people wouldn't drive big sport utes (why
they call them SPORT utes I don't know, but anyway...) if gas cost more.
I've got news for you. I moved from Austin, TX when regular unleaded was
$1.10/gallon to Portland Oregon where gas was $1.50 or more a gallon. It
often cost me $60/tank to fill up the Suburban. I drove it just as much and
wouldn't have traded it in on anything while I was in Portland or even now
that I'm back in Austin (ok, maybe an Excursion...)

John Steczkowski