Protest Oil Companies

To: Wheel to Wheel <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,
Subject: Protest Oil Companies
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 12:18:04 -0500 (EST)
The following was sent to me today by a racer friend (not the person whose
name appears at the bottom ... it has apparently been through a few forwards
already).

It intrigues me as a unique form of boycott ... one in which the boycotted
businesses actually do not lose a dime in the grander scheme of things, but
still get this perceived "hit." We are all gonna buy the gas anyway, we just
time-shift when we do it to leave a hole in their calendar. Interesting
approach.

Must be nasty on the left coast. Just got a post from someone there on an
unrelated topic where he mentioned his gas prices are nearly double mine here
in Middle America! Nearing $2/gal!

--Rocky Entriken