Re: Protest Oil Companies

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protest Oil Companies
From: Walter Fooshee <wfooshee@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 16:16:53 -0500
Higher gas prices in Europe and eslewhere around the world aren't from
OPEC dependancy or anything else, they're from higher taxes on the fuel
being pumped into their cars. Their prices fluctuate with the world
market pretty much as ours do (I would imagine). Anyways, y'think we
could keep the roads paved if there was a little bit higher contribution
towards that end by the people that used them?

I heard, but don't know for sure, that highway contractors in Europe are
not only responsible for construction, but for X years of maintenance on
projects they gets bids on. That seems like it would make the original
project a little bit higher quality. Can't happen here, though, because
that would be like against some anti-trust thingie, if one contractor
got to keep everybody else off his project for 20 years or so.

Walter Fooshee
Dixie Region Probe GT