RE: Protest Oil Companies

To: "Wheel to Wheel" <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,
Subject: RE: Protest Oil Companies
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:27:22 -0500
> It intrigues me as a unique form of boycott ... one in which the boycotted
> businesses actually do not lose a dime in the grander scheme of
> things, but
> still get this perceived "hit." We are all gonna buy the gas
> anyway, we just
> time-shift when we do it to leave a hole in their calendar. Interesting
> approach.

Perfect for the people who want to brag about the important things that they
are doing without actually doing anything.
If they actually  would reduce their driving by 75% for a month, I would
consider them a bit more than just noisemakers.

The only ones who might notice anything at all are the clerks at some gas
stations.  Big message.