Re: Mechanical Failures

To: aracing@uswest.net
Subject: Re: Mechanical Failures
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:36:48 -0500
Les, it's strange sometimes the way people act under different
situations.

Walt Maas is one of my good friends and I am suppressed at his action.
He has raced with us in SOVREN several times with no problems.

In fact, several summers ago I had to dispatch the safety car and Walt
was the leader of the race.  The safety driver fumbled with the car long
enough for Walt to pass the dispatch station for the safety car and my
groan could be heard for a mile, since the safety car went on out,
missing Walt,  and picking up the second place car instead.  Potential
for a mulucka even in Vintage.  Walt looked in his mirror half way down
the straight, saw the safety car lights, slowed way down and let the
safety car pick him up, saving me a whole lot of trouble.

I thanked him in front of the entire group at the next days drivers
meeting.

Oh well,  guess the juices get flowing and who knows.

L.D.