Additional Negative Camber for a Sprite?

To: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Additional Negative Camber for a Sprite?
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:57:37 -0400
I've got a quick question about Sprite suspension geometry.  I've often
wondered how to get more negative camber into the front suspension of a
Sprite and what the best method would be to do it.  I have installed offset
bushings on both the lower fulcrum points and the upper trunnion bushing,
but this barely gets me to zero camber.  I know that another alternative is
to shim the shocks, bend the upper trunnion, or install a custom made
trunnion that is shorter to induce some negative camber.  Optimally I would
like to get to -1 to -1.5 degrees of camber.  Is there a downside to
introducing additional negative camber by shortening the upper trunnion?
Any suggestions?  Anyone know of someone making adjustable trunnions?  TIA

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite