race entry prices

To: "vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: race entry prices
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 09:52:12 -0500
To all my fellow racers...

Could we start a discussion of current entry fees vs. track time? Meals =
and banquets included? Any donations of proceeds to charity? I seems to =
me that there's a wide disparity of costs around the country. I =
understand that there are many contributing factors such as track cost =
differences, insurance, and profit/non-profit organizations.

I have personal and professional experience organizing large events... =
car related, trade shows...whatever... so I don't think I'm naive about =
most of the business issues...so help me out. What are you typically =
paying for which organization at what facility for what tracktime.

I don't mind paying a bit extra if in fact big buck go to a decent =
charity. But based on an overview of my own experience... there's a lot =
of raping and pillaging going on in entry fees these days. I wonder why =
if entries are up, spectators are up, should we also be expected to pay =
more every year.

Perspiring minds want to know...

I'll sit down and listen for my answer.

Wm. Severin Thompson