Re: HMSA Wine Country Classic

To: malcox.ppp@napanet.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: HMSA Wine Country Classic
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 10:58:18 -0700
Malcolm, when you get that inertia switch from Moss, be prepared
to do a little work on it before installing it - as shipped, mine
was built with 20 gauge leads, not enough to safely and reliably
carry the current that a heavy duty fuel pump can draw. With
a little careful work, you can replace it with 16g or 18g (which
is what I ended up doing).

It's certainly not up to the task of passing the ignition current!
If you want to do that, you'll need to have it control the coil of a relay;
I'd be wary of reliability issues with a relay in a race car, especially
for the ignition circuit. I, personally, don't care to have a
fuse in the ignition circuit, much less something as complex as a relay.

Other than that, it's a nice switch.