Re: [TR] Request for advice

To: pethier@comcast.net, StagByTriumph@tscusa.org, jimbpps@cox.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] Request for advice
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:19:44 -0400
>AKA:
>duct tape
>duck tape (arguably the original name, because it was waterproof)
>race tape
>racer's tape
>100-mile-per-hour tape
>tear-off tape
>rigger's tape
>gaffer's tape (although actual motion-picture gaffers say their tape is
>somewhat different)
>
>And from the Eastern Ontario division:
>the handyman's secret weapon

About 15-20 years ago I crewed for a B Sedan BMW 2002 in SCCA. Our big rival
was Bob Hines, who ran a B Sedan Mazda RX3. One race, Bob didn't run for
some reason and was helping a newbie father-sons team racing a B Sedan
Volvo.

The Volvo came around and the driver, the father, was frantically pointing
to the Volvo's bonnet, which had come partially adrift. The two sons ran
around in circles like heads with their chickens cut off. Bob Hines screamed
at the top of his lungs, "Racer's Tape! Racer's Tape! Racer's Tape!"

To this day, I can't think of the words "Racer's Tape" without hearing
Hines' voice screaming it over and over.

===     http://www.vtr.org