Re: [TR] Request for advice

To: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@cox.net>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Request for advice
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:55:26 -0600
Jim Bauder wrote:
> My question is addressed to any TR folks that have either observed or have
> personal experience with a foam covered roll bar. What is the best way to
> install the covers so that they look really neat and so that the foam padding
> stays in place? 3M Super Yellow adhesive? Silicon glue? Tape? Zip ties? Any
> other ideas?
> Jim Bauder
IIRC, The official roll bar foam padding attachment status symbol is 3M
gray duct tape - faded and frayed.  It is the exact same stuff you use
at the track for body repairs (car and person), hose repairs, misc other
repairs, and it may even be sanctioned by SCCA as an official tool and
temporary emergency fix.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org