RE: [TR] Request for advice

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Request for advice
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:37:36 -0700
> Actually, I think the original name is duct tape because it
> is  used to close the joints in duct work.
> Correct me if I am wrong.

This is one of those questions that no one seems to know the correct answer.

I like the theory that it was originally "duck tape", because it was
originally made using a cloth called "canvas duck".  WW2 if I recall
correctly, used to waterproof ammunition cases.  The name stuck, because
water rolled off like "off a duck's back".

Besides, it works lousy on ducts.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org