Re: [TR] Request for advice

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, <jimbpps@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Request for advice
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:27:09 -0700
Yes and no.

To be frank, I am in the camp that believes that a bad rollbar is worse than
no rollbar at all.  Most bars that people put in their cars suffer from one
or both of the following problems:

1. Not strong enough to protect the passengers in a rollover
2. Mounted too low to be useful.  If you use shoulder harnesses and roll
over, a bar that is too low will keep you from bending over to keep your
noggin' from hitting the ground.

Unfortunately, both my cars have rolbars that suffer from #2.  They are
strong enough but too low (necessary for top clearance).  I only have lap
belts so I am always sonscious f the need to hunker down if I ever turn one
of them over.  Hopefully, that will never be a problem.

By the way, In Tiny Tim (the Honds S2000 powered Spit) I mounted a very
strong bar that I powder coated andit looks great.  It too is too low to
satisfy the SCCA solo requirements but I have a hardtop mounted and there is
no other choice.

Cheers,
Joe