Re: [TR] Request for advice

To: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>, Jim Bauder
Subject: Re: [TR] Request for advice
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:40:09 +0000
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
> IIRC, The official roll bar foam padding attachment status symbol is 3M
> gray duct tape - faded and frayed.  It is the exact same stuff you use
> at the track for body repairs (car and person), hose repairs, misc other
> repairs, and it may even be sanctioned by SCCA as an official tool and
> temporary emergency fix.

AKA:
duct tape
duck tape (arguably the original name, because it was waterproof)
race tape
racer's tape
100-mile-per-hour tape
tear-off tape
rigger's tape
gaffer's tape (although actual motion-picture gaffers say their tape is
somewhat different)

And from the Eastern Ontario division:
the handyman's secret weapon

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org