RE: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:56:51 -0600
> On 9 Nov 2005 at 20:12, Randall wrote:
>
> > > I wonder about the starting it every month business.
> > I agree with Dave, here.

Worst thing for it.  Run it just long enough to get
everything wet and not long enough to dry it out.  Shut it
off hot and do not start it again until spring.

> I would suggest a bit clutch activity is good, helps keep
> it from  freezing.  Can be done just with the starter.

Better to put the clutch in and roll the in-gear car a bit
by pushing the shop floor with your heel.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=philethier

===     http://www.vtr.org