winterizing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: winterizing
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:30:29 -0600
I've found rust in the cylinders of several engines that had not sat
very long. On the other hand, Ive taken apart some engines that sat
for some time but had clean cylinder walls. Just to make sure, I now
squirt some fogging oil, available in auto parts stores in aerosol
cans, in both the spark plug holes and the intake ports (open
throttle, hold up piston). It does not cause hard starting.
Apparently it burns up quickly.

uncle jack

===     http://www.vtr.org