RE: Followup on Ebay Feedback

Subject: RE: Followup on Ebay Feedback
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:21:55 -0800
Cc: "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Paul, the revenge syndrom on E-bay cannot be avoided.  I had it happen
> several years ago when i first started using E-bay.  A seller really
> screwed me on a deal and I left negative feed back.  He in turn left a
> searing feedback for me.

Just a couple of comments : as a buyer, I don't mind seeing a small amount
(less than 5%) of negative feedback.  To paraphrase PT Barnum, you can't
please all the people all the time.

And while I agree that the positive feedback comments tend to be inane, IMO
the negative ones are more meaningful.  Now that the feedback contains the
auction number, you can go read the auction, and the opposite feedback, and
get a clearer picture of what went wrong.  The seller waited a long time to
leave negative feedback ?  He's probably got some hidden agenda ... and I
tend to ignore any feedback that's nasty or just says "I got screwed".
Simple facts are the most persuasive, IMO.

Randall - in the cereal bowl : a shallow depression full of flakes, fruits
and nuts.