Re: Followup on Ebay Feedback

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Followup on Ebay Feedback
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:50:05 -0500
> Isn't there a likelyhood that someone who you give negative feedback
> to can, in return, do something to give you negative feedback for
> revenge.  How can this be prevented?
> Thanks, Paul

Yes, it is simple, eBay should abandon the feedback feature completely.
There are far too many problems with it, like the one you just mentioned,
and frankly... it is annoying to have to keep up with feedback.  I can not
stand the people who pester you to post their positive feedback, like it is
some sort of fulfilling piece of praise to satisfy their egos.  Here is a
clue for those people: posting feedback is not mandatory.

The problem is, since eBay will not abandon their feedback scheme, that
sellers and buyers who do not believe in the feedback setup are forced to
play the feedback game anyway.

I guess feedback is useful, if you care to read that someone is a SUPER
DUPER AAAAAAA++++++ WONDERFUL EXCELLENT GREATEST SELLER!... or maybe you'll
just realize that over half of feedback comments are absolutely pointless.

Kai