RE: TR6 Hardtop Storage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Hardtop Storage
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:35:57 -0700 n et>
To store my TR3 hardtop, I bent up 3 strap iron hooks to fit the edges of
the top (one in each door opening and one under the rear window).  Ropes
from each hook meet in the center above the top, and there's a pulley
mounted to the rafters of my garage.  A single rope goes over the pulley and
gets tied off to the wall.  Works pretty good for me, I just drive the car
under the top and lower it straight down (with a little guidance).  In
retrospect, I would probably add a pair of pulley sheaves to get a 2:1
mechanical advantage.  Or, a small electric boat winch would be extremely
cool.

Randall