Re: Battery

To: ZinkZ10C@aol.com, tr6@pipeline.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:09:49 +1000 FILETIME=[646192E0:01C10D9C]
Harold,

Thanks for the info on the deep cycle batteries. I wasn't aware of the
difference. In Australia we have a brand of deep cycle battery called
'Optima'.

Check their site at:
http://www.optimabatteries.com.au/default.htm

They use thin lead plates wound into a tight spiral (see tehcnical section
on their site). Do you think they would be any good in a car?

I am interested as I was contemplating buying a deep cycle battery for my
TR4 with its generator based charging system as I thought they would be
better in the long term.

Regards,
Michael Gajic
63' TR4 CT23641 O