Re: Battery

To: "Ronald Olds" <tr6@pipeline.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:23:10 -0400
> It is time to change out the battery in one of my LBCs. Does anyone know
of
> a battery with a lifetime warranty? I believe it would be a worthwhile
> investment if one is available.

If you find one- Let me know! Regular batteries are an inherently self
destructive item, as this is part of the charge-deplete cycle they live with
in their operational lives. Nobody who builds an item which wears out the
way a battery does offers a lifetime warranty, other than a pro-rated
warranty, where you pay an increasing portion of the replacement cost as
they consider the amount of time on the battery since new useful life, which
you have benefited from. Unless there is an obvious factory defect, after
the first couple months you always pay something. And batteries are marked
in a couple places with a date code- so if you don't punch out the little
date dots, run it to death, then mark it for last week, they can check the
activation date to find when it was built.

There are a couple non-original dry cell car batteries on the market, but I
don't know what their warranties are like.

Scott