Re: driver leg room TR4

To: vandermeulen@ns.sympatico.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driver leg room TR4
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 10:32:56 PDT

>seat might be a touch thick, but that still does not cause the very
>little space between the wheel rim and the tran.
>Has anyone else had this problem?

   I encountered the same problem when I installed early TR6 seats in
   my TR4. I believe the TR4a seat is higher than the stock TR4 seat.
   At least the seat rails are different. TR4 seats and rails may be
   the way out for you... They are a bit less comfortable and not
   stock, but they are lower. Failing that you may want to try some
   other aftermarket seat... Either way you'll take a hit from
   the "Original or Die Camp". Autostorica used to advertise a
   historic rallye seat that may fit. I've thought about it for my
   `4 but funds and opportunity have kept me from it (the Autostorica
   seat aint cheap"...

   Good luck!

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)