Re: driver leg room TR4

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driver leg room TR4
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:13:42 -0400
Hutmacher, Greg wrote:

> I'm 6'3" and 240 lbs and plan, someday, to relocate my TR6 seat tracks back
> a couple of inches. I haven't really researched this yet (anyone on the list
> done this?) but it seems like it would be fairly straight forward work.
> Drill four new holes and weld on new captive nuts underneath, then fill the
> old holes. Any thoughts on this from the list?
> Regards, Greg Hutmacher

I often get a lot of requests that wives cannot drive the cars because the
seats don't
have much adjustment.  I usually install generic tracks which require a little
bracketry to be made up, but they slide easier and have a greater travel.  This
is
great for moving the seats closer to the pedals, but unfortunately, I don't
think you
can go too much further back than the stock tracks as the seat back will hit the
wheelarch.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars