Re:Raw fumes are choking me out!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Raw fumes are choking me out!
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:52:59 EST5EDT
Some great advice has been given about sealing the transmission tunnel (and any
other hole leading to the engine bay). This is where you should start...

If you have FUEL fumes, try replacing the gasket on the fuel tank level sender
and the short rubber hose that connects the gas cap with the tank. This helped
my 4A quite a bit...

I've been fighting a battle with my new falcon stainless sport exhaust on my
4A. Even though it's meant for a TR6, it bolts right up to the twin outlet 4A
ex. manifold. It fits perfectly, but I've had a lot of trouble sealing it in a
way that will allow it's easy removal. If anyone knows a sourse of
stainless "wide band clamp" type exhaust clamps in sizes SMALLER than 2" please
let me know. These clamps are awesome-- they're about 3" wide and they seal
with 2x3/8" bolts.

It's light years better than when I started (Talk about choking me out!), but
it still leaks just a bit on overrun.

This exhaust gives a sound remarkably like my 850 Commando... but in
quadraphonic stereo!
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press