Re: Raw fumes are choking me out!

To: "Eric Lukehart" <lukehart@mis.net>
Subject: Re: Raw fumes are choking me out!
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:12:15 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I took the car to Exhaust Pro and they showed me that the
>Monza exhaust system was not leaking.
If it's a typical Monza installation, and the pipes exit straight out the
back ending somewhere near the center of the car and even with the end of
the rear bumper, and not off to the sides as is typical of the stock
system, then there is not much you can do.  This is characteristic of
systems that exit out the back/center.   About the only thing you can do is
lengthen the exit tips a little more past the bumper in the hope that it is
far enough behind the air stream to be pulled away.  The airflow behind the
car is such that it creates a low pressure area (especially with that Kamm
Back design) that pulls air including exhaust into the cockpit area
(witness your hair blowing forward instead of backwards as it does "the
movies").

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)