Raw fumes are choking me out!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Raw fumes are choking me out!
From: "Eric Lukehart" <lukehart@mis.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:07 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello list,
Well, I just completed Coating my floors with POR 15 and patching all the
holes in my TR6.  I installed a Moss Moters underfelt and carpet kit and
went for a test drive and was disapointed with the amount of exhaust fumes
in the cabin.  I took the car to Exhaust Pro and they showed me that the
Monza exhaust system was not leaking.  This is very frustrating.  I am
wondering if my car is just putting out to much exhaust.  It idles at 1500
rpms and perhaps it is running to RICH.  I haven't touched the carbs since I
bought the car because it starts, and seems to run fine.  Also the exhaust
isn't black.  The only way the fumes are bearable is with the top down and
even then its noticeable.  Help?
TIA,
Eric 74 TR6