RE: Raw fumes are choking me out!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Eric Lukehart'" <lukehart@mis.net>
Subject: RE: Raw fumes are choking me out!
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:40:27 -0500
I had a similar problem and did two things which pretty much solved it. The
first was to adjust the carbs closer to the correct mixture (before, it was
too rich which really smells quite strong).  The second was to completely
seal the transmission tunnel thoroughly.  If you still have the original
fiberboard trans cover like mine did, it is probably leaking.  The best
solution is a fiberglass cover and a new set of rubber seals.  This
corrected about 95% of my exhaust fume problems.  Regards, Greg
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT