[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line 4]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:09:18 -0700 (MST)

     Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:01:13 -0500
     From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
     Subject: TR6 comp ratio question

I  have a completely stock TR6 engine with relatively low (53K) miles on it.
I am considering pulling the head and having it milled down to achieve 9.5:1
comp ratio.  Here's my question:  If I do this without doing anything to the
lower end of the engine (I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it" philosophy), will I achieve any performance gain or will it merely cause
pre-detonation?  One guy told me that if I don't change to a longer duration
cam at the same time, the higher compression ratio will simply cause the
engine to ping and knock. Even when I eventually do rebuild the lower end of
the engine, I only plan on going with a little more aggressive cam - not a
full race cam. Appreciate any info.  Regards, Greg
76 TR6 (completely stock)
68 MGB/GT