RE: SU vs. Zenith Strombergs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SU vs. Zenith Strombergs
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:48:15 -0800 (PST)

>The leak is from the lower part of the jet assembly.  I used a Moss kit to
>replace the rubber for the float bowl and the cork for the jet assembly.
>I've pulled this apart a few times and actually reduced the flow.  When I
>first re-assembled the jet assembly I had a constant drip.  I've tried to
>pinpoint the leak without success.  Any ideas on how to do this, short of a
>match, would be appreciated.

  The cork is your problem.  I used a rebuild kit that included cork
gaskets the first time I did my carbs four years ago and they leaked from
the begining - a little at first, then more and more as time went by.  Get
the rubber o-rings that Moss sells separatly (they are on the carb page) -
they worked great for me and ended leaks completely.  Mmmmmmm, modern
technology.

Mark Clark
Klamath Falls, Oregon

1963 Triumph TR-4 "The Tiggermobile"