RE: SU vs. Zenith Strombergs

To: "'vafred@erols.com'" <vafred@erols.com>, "'triumphs list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SU vs. Zenith Strombergs
From: "Zempel, David W" <david.w.zempel@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:34:14 -0800
The leak is from the lower part of the jet assembly.  I used a Moss kit to
replace the rubber for the float bowl and the cork for the jet assembly.
I've pulled this apart a few times and actually reduced the flow.  When I
first re-assembled the jet assembly I had a constant drip.  I've tried to
pinpoint the leak without success.  Any ideas on how to do this, short of a
match, would be appreciated.

Almost forgot, I also installed Grosse jets.  That made a big difference.
Also, the floats are in excellent shape.

thanks, Dave Zempel.