SU vs. Zenith Strombergs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU vs. Zenith Strombergs
From: "Zempel, David W" <david.w.zempel@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:57:11 -0800
My '62 TR4 surreytop is stock with SU carbs.  I've been having some problems
with leaking.  Even after installing new seals and gaskets.  According to
the manual, a little dampness is normal.  Well, I think it may be more than
a little damp since I can smell it.  Anyway, I have a set of Zenith
Strombergs from a TR4 I bought as a parts car.  What is the feeling on the
list about switching to the Zenith's?  Would I have fewer or more problems?
I know it wouldn't be original for a '62, but if I keeps the car from
burning up, I think that's a good thing.

Dave Zempel.

'62 TR4 Surreytop.