Re: Krappy Krome

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Krappy Krome
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:39:04 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Bob Kramer wrote:

> What about using one of the weld on pullers that are sold by Eastwood. The
> gun welds a stick into the dent, and you use a puller to take out the dent.
> The stick breaks off when wiggled sideways.

Yes, that would work too. But I think you'll find that the gauge of the
metal of most bumpers will require quite a bit more effort to reshape
than a fender^h^h^h^h^h^h"wing". I've seen chrome shops use pretty big
hammers to smooth out some bumps...

> Bob Kramer, Austin TX

C ya,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |