RE: break in oil question

To: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Subject: RE: break in oil question
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 06:34:05 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>This may not be pertinent to our LBC's, but Corvettes have been coming
from the factory with Mobil 1 for some time now.  I'm not sure if this
means a change in oil/break-in philosophy or a change in engine/metallurgy
technology.
It probably is more likely that the engines have been broken in before they
were installed in the vehicle for shipment.  In this way the manufacturer
can be absolutely sure that the engine was properly broken in, and given
the longer warranties, and expense of repairs, and extended service
intervals it make sense to do this, from the manufacturers standpoint -

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)