Re: GT40/Rotoflex(!?)

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT40/Rotoflex(!?)
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:47:52 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
FYI on the rotoflex couplings, they were also used in Formula 1 cars
(especially Lotus) from the very early '60's.  Eventually, CV joints
replaced them in this and other racing applications.

I suspect the problem is "cheap replacement parts".  None of our motors, not
even a stock-ish  V6, should put out enough torque to tear up a rotoflex.  I
bought the QH (ugh?) type and have had no problems with 12k of street
driving and 3 vintage race weekends.

Stronger versions yet are available from race shops
Dave T